STEP #1 – Choose your Trip
STEP #2 – Primary Application
- The full Primary Application becomes available as follows:
- Registration for Summer 2016 trips will begin on February 1, 2016
- Registration for Winter 2016-17 trips will begin in September 2016 (TBD)
- Be sure to choose “Tlalim-Israel Outdoors” as your official Birthright Israel trip organiser
- Select your preferred trip type and departure date to give us a general idea of your availability
- Submit a US$250 refundable deposit online via credit card. Your application isn’t complete without it.
- MORE: Access the Primary Application
Tip: We recommend completing the entire Primary Application on the first day of registration to stay on track and significantly improve your chances of being selected!
STEP #3 – Secondary Application
- The Secondary Application becomes available within 24-48 of completing your Primary Application and selecting Israel Outdoors — you’ll be emailed an invite from Israel Outdoors
- Select specific trip dates and types – select as many as you’d like!
- Tag any travel companion requests
- Note any important medical or dietary background for our staff
- MORE: Access the Secondary Application
Tip: The more trip date flexibility you have, the greater your chances of getting selected.
STEP #4 – Phone-Based Interview
- Israel Outdoors staff will call or email to interview you
- Don’t panic if you don’t hear from us immediately! The order in which we interview you has no relationship to how we assign trips
- The interview is also a chance for you to ask us questions, too
- MORE: Eligibility Criteria
Tip: The interviews are just to confirm that you are eligible for the Birthright Israel gift and have no bearing on trip placement. Always answer honestly!
STEP #5 – Accept Your Spot
- Receive trip acceptance via email 1-2 weeks after registration closes
- Log back into your Secondary Application to accept your trip assignment
- Even after you formally accept your trip spot, you can withdraw without penalty up till the official cancellation deadline
- Get ready for a once-in-a-life time experience
- MORE: Refundable Deposit Terms
Tip: If your trip assignment dates don’t work, we can place you on a waitlist for a different trip.
Who Gets on What Trips?
Israel Outdoors assigns applicants to trips according to when you complete your application. We consider your application to be complete after you have fully finished the Primary Application, including submitting the refundable trip deposit. We recommend completing the Primary Application with Israel Outdoors on the first day of registration to give yourself the best chance of getting on the trip you want. All applications received on the first day will be treated the same no matter what time of day they are received. If you pre-register with Israel Outdoors in advance of general registration opening, you’ll get an additional boost when it comes to trip assignments. In addition to honoring a first-come-first-served registration policy, priority trip selection status is granted to applicants who have applied in past seasons as well as to applicants who are about to turn 27 (i.e. about to age out of their eligibility).