Madrich Eligibility Rules
To be eligible for a UK trip madrich position, you must meet the following minimum requirements established by Birthright Israel:
- Age 21 or above
- Extended experience in Israel on an educationally oriented program
- Substantial Jewish background
- Proven leadership qualities and experience
About the Position
While being a madrich on a trip can be an exciting experience, we also rely on you to manage multiple responsibilities, including:
- Manage the airport departure and in-flight travel
- Support the Israeli guide in all aspects of the trip
- Ensure smooth running of the group: logistically, socially, and experientially
- Serve as a role model for participants throughout the program
- Assist in leading educational discussion groups and informal programming
Finally, although the position is unpaid, all expenses are covered on the program, and in most cases, madrichim are able to extend their tickets. Please note that Israel Outdoors does not cover madrichim’s travel costs to the departure airport within the UK.
How to Apply
The application process is quite simple. Simply fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you personally regarding eligibility. Assuming you are eligible, we will begin the scheduling process.
Due to limited trip availability, we also cannot absolutely guarantee you a madrich position even if you meet all of the requirements. In other words, we will ask for your patience in advance and promise to be fully open and fair with you at every stage. Once you have been formally selected to staff a trip, we will conduct a mandatory madrich training session in person or over teleconference.