How we ensure a secure experience:
- Each group is accompanied at all time by one or two medical/security escorts.
- Trip itineraries are approved in advance of the trip and re-approved daily by the “Situation Monitoring Room” — a special unit administered by the Israel Ministry of Education and coordinated with the Israel Defense Forces, Israel Police, and other security authorities.
- Each group carries a GPS communication and tracking device to ensure that the group is always in contact with the security agencies and our main office.
- We only stay at overnight accommodations that have security personnel and which are equipped with secure rooms in accordance with the highest Israeli standards.
- The program itinerary does not include travel in the immediate vicinity of the Gaza Strip, and we do not travel through any Palestinian-controlled areas of the West Bank.
- While we travel in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, we avoid crowded public areas, we travel with discretion, and we always ride on our own private buses.
- We make every effort to give participants space and time to explore on their own. However, per Birthright Israel rules, participants may not leave the group except for designated nights out.
- If necessary, itineraries will be modified to avoid any areas of potential concern. Such decisions are made carefully and based on guidance from the Israeli authorities responsible for monitoring all Birthright Israel trips.